Deforestation in India
Deforestation vary from region to region around the world. In 2009, 2/3 of the world forests were in 10 top countries. India being the 10th place and Russia places the first. Illegal logging is the major reason for the Deforestation. Not all deforestation is intentional. Logging operations, which provide the world's wood and paper products, also cut countries tress each year. Some is caused by combination of human and natural factors like wildfires and subsequent overgrazing, which may prevent the growth of young trees. The biggest driver for deforestation is agriculture. Farmers cut forests to provide more room for planting crops or grazing livestock.
Effects of Deforestation :-
- Deforestation has many negative effects on the environment
- Drives climate change Trees is the major source for rain.
- Loss of habitat 70% of Earth's land animals and plants live in forest, and many cannot survive the deforestation that destroys their homes
- Increase of greenhouse gases 20% of Earth's oxygen and they are disappearing at a rate of 4 hectares a decade.
- Soil erosion and Flooding Trees function to retain water and because of the trees loss, it leads to soil erosion
- Destruction of Homelands Habitats of innumerable species to be destroyed, the indigenous tribes who depend on them.
Because of the above said, we should think hard of preventing the forests . Recently, the percentage of forest is 23.81% ( FSI ). This is a danger sign for the future generation. We, already in shortage of water. Forests are the major source, which will keep the climate in a balanced condition. Let us think about the solutions to save the forests and to reduce the Deforestation.
- The quickest solution, is to stop cutting trees - Though deforestation rates have slowed a bit in recent years, financial realities make this unlikely to occur. The cutting that does occur should be balanced with planting of young trees.
- Replace we have essential reasons to cut trees should have an oath to replace it.
- Government officers Each and every forest officers should be monitored and Government should keep them in a well versed , because they are the major source to keep the forest retained in India, as they face risks in life.
With the above studies, I can conclude the topic as, BEING HUMAN, SAVE THE FOREST.