Life at Indian Naval Academy
1. Ezhimala is a beautiful village located in kannur village of district kerala. It is about 55 km from kannur. A flourishing seaport and center of trade in kerala, ezhimala was one of major battlefields of chola’s time. To augment the capacity of Indian navy the Indian naval academy was established by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh in January 2008. Nestled between the imposing mount dilli, seren kavvayi backwaters and majestic Arabian Sea.
2. INA provides ideal enviourment for training with its picturesque and tranquil enviourment. It covers an area of 2452 acres along the north Malabar coastline. The academy is presently training 650 cadets and would progressively about to 1100 by 2013.
3. The role of INA is to impart B.tech and orientation training Potential candidates to the undergraduate officer-trainee program of the Indian Navy apply through the National Defence Academy.
4. Cadets have the option to major in Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture and are awarded a Bachelor of Technology degree upon graduation. Upon graduation, cadets are commissioned as Sub Lieutenants in the Navy. Cadets majoring in Naval Architecture have to undergo an additional 6 months of training at the Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam after graduation.
5. They also have the option to enroll for additional post-graduate specialization in the field at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. In navy one can also come via various entries like CDSE exam,pilot/observer entries, B.tech entry scheme to INA, UES entry, Executive officer entry, IT officer who basically handles niche applications, day to day marine warfare etc. the procedure of selection will
6. Here nature of commission depends upon your entry, usually woman get SSC under various entries for men they are applicable to both. SSC officers sometimes have the option to apply for permanent commission based on their performance and track record.
7. Graduating officers often go on for additional training or specialization in areas such as surface warfare, submarine warfare, naval aviation, etc. at other naval schools. Graduating officers often go on for additional training or specialization in areas such as surface warfare, submarine warfare, naval aviation, etc. at other naval schools.
8. Officers joining Indian Coast Guard as Assistant Commandants also undergo basic training along with graduate officer-trainees of the Indian Navy. In naval academy basically everything imparts technology and one will feel in navy life is different as if we compare o army and air force here life is always in combat. This academy provides training to coast guard selections too.
9. The training zone contains the main academic building complex, as well as physical-training, aquatics and outdoor-training complexes, auditoriums, a firing range, cadet's Mess and cadet's dormitories.
10. The main academic building complex is situated on the highest point of the academy. It includes the Service and Technical Training wings, laboratories, workshops, library, and 1800-capacity auditorium. The academy accepts up to 1200 cadets for officer-training each year.
11. This includes officer-trainees from foreign countries, as well as interim training facilities for the Indian Coast Guard. The administration zone consists of the Administrative Complex, the naval hospital INHS Navjivani, logistics complex, motor transport complex and the campus fire station. On reporting at the academy, cadets are assigned to squadrons.
12. Each squadron consists of up to four divisions with approximately 40 cadets in each division. Each division is commanded by a commissioned officer of the rank of Lieutenant, responsible for monitoring, guidance and counseling of the cadets.
13. The squadron is headed by an officer of the rank of Lieutenant Commander. Squadrons are generally housed together in the same dormitory, though classroom instruction and outdoor training are conducted separately depending on the cadet's selected majors and specializations. Overall naval service is called as service of lifetime.
14. On ship duties you will also get chance to move to friendly nations via sea patrolling. You will live life out of world sometimes under sea sometimes above too.