Training institutes of Indian air force
- AFA (AIR FORCE ACADEMY ) DUNDIGAL,HYDRABAD
- AFTC (AIRFORCE TECHNICAL COLLEGE )BANGLORE
- AFAC (AIRFORCE ADMINISTRATIVE COLLEGE) COIMBATORE
- PTS (PARA TROOPERS TRAINING SCHOOL) AGRA
- FIS (FLYING INSTRUCTIONS SCHOOL) TAMBRAM CHENNAI
- FTE (FLYING TRAINING ESTABLISHEMENTS ) BEGUMPET,HAKIMPET,BIDAR,YEHLANKA
- NDA(tri service) (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY) PUNE , KAHADWASLA
These are the different training academies of IAF to build perfection and excellence in IAF working. We have already undergone the working of AFA which imparts basic military training to all of the braches now moving to other academies they provide specializations in different fields. Airforce administrative college (AFAC) which is located in Coimbatore is one of the oldest training institutions of IAF which is dedicated to impart best training among its officers and other rank officers. It also provides training to other forces and sometimes to friendly nations also. Various courses which are conducted here in different institutions:
AFTC: Airforce technical college located in Banglore .On completion of 22 weeks training in AFA technical entrants will remain in AFTC for 52 weeks of training in which they will get different engineering courses. This training is conducted in term break or gap of 22+22 weeks. Training includes work in electronic propulsion labs, specialization involving various aviation related courses, research and development courses via which officers will become technically sound to handle day to day activities.
AFAC: Airforce Force Administrative College located at Coimbatore, is one of the oldest training establishments of the Indian Air Force. It has been set up exclusively for conducting training programs for in-service officers of the Air Force, Navy and Army as well as officers of friendly foreign countries.
Various courses conducted for in service officers are:
BASCO (basic ait staff course), ISCO (Intermediate air staff course), BPKC (basic professional knowledge course), APKC (advances professional knowledge course), Para legal course. Some meteorological courses are also offered here like IFC (initial forecaster’s course), SNCO’s and 2nd stage training of meteorology.
PTS: Paratrooper’s training school is in Agra which basically trains Airforce officials for Para trooping, Para sailing and jumping.
FIS: flying instruction school is located in Tambram Chennai where pilot officers are trained to become instructors.
FTE: Flying establishments are locations where different fleet pilots are trained to become commioned officers after completing all stages. (0, I, II, III).
0. Initial military training
I. Basic flying
II. Advance training
Training establishments are:
- Dundigal (AFA) here first six months training is given on basic aircraft called kiran along with joint service training.
- Hakimpet in secundrabad
- Bidar in Karnataka
- Transport training wing in yehlanka
- After basic flying training flight cadets will get into fighter, helicopter and transports. Further they will move on for stage II and stage III at different places according to which fleet they belongs to. Fighters will go to Hakimpet for 24 weeks (stage II) of training and then they will get commissioned as officers in IAF and will move to specialization training (stage III) in bidar Karnataka.
- Transport fleet will be getting trained in yehlankha for both of the streams in transport air wing.
- After stage II they will also get commissioning and will further remain in yehlankha for specialization training that is stage III.
- Helicopter fleet will be getting trained in hakimpet for stage II and after getting commissioning they will further move to yehlanka for specialization training that is stage III.