The four basic elements are :-
- It is a system of Government for choosing and replacing the government through elections.
- The active participants of the people, as citizens, in civic and political life.
- Protection of human rights of all the citizens.
- A rule of law in which the laws and procedures apply equally to all the citizens.
In the democracy , the citizens has certain rules :-
- They have to participate in the public life
- They have the obligation to keep inform about the public issues to the political leaders
- Another important duty, is to vote .
- Another effective participation is to make themselves indulge in the NGO’s which work for the nation’s welfare.
And, finally they should not support any political party, because of some bribes or threatens or pressure.
Freedom and democracy are interrelated. In India, there is freedom of religion, freedom of culture , freedom to say, write and think. There should be any majority and minority difference. Every Individual has the right to follow their own beliefs. The media has enormous freedom. They can protest against the government. There is freedom to form organizations and unions, to fight against for a cause.
The democracy limits with the Law and order. All are equal before the law. The rule of law protects the rights of the citizens, maintains order and the power of the government. No one should not be discriminated under the caste, race, religion or gender. No political influence in the judgement of the courts.
Limits of Democracy :-
- The citizens should respect the Justice.
- Each and every citizen should respect the other citizen, the human kind should be there
- And they should have the power to question the government against their decisions, if they felt if they are wrong
- And listen other people and their views.
- And a major thing, we should understand that, we won’t get whatever they want.
- And for peaceful India, they need compromise.
But, there are lot of difficulties in following the Democracy powerful in our Nation. Our political system is not good. People can select the political leaders, but not they can’t order their actions. It is in the hands of the politicians to rule the Nation with the proper power. The politicians think their power is to earn money, not for the welfare of the Nation. Only few leaders, work for the sake of the Nation.
To conclude this discussion, I should suggest that, our political system should allow the youth in the parliament, and the well educated people should become great leaders. Yes, we should place a criteria in the Election committee, that only Degree holders can stand in Election. If the rule comes, the Democracy will be really meaningful and powerful.