The industries which are associated with Information technology system are computer hardware, software, electronics, semiconductors, internet, telecom equipment, e-commerce and computer services. Information technology includes data centers, computers, computer networks, database management devices and a regulatory system.
If we talk about the data storage, the famous IT industry IBM introduced first hard disk drive during 1956 in India. And after that during 2002, they started storing in analog devices. In 2007, almost 94% of the data stored digitally. The database management system started emerging during 1960’s. IBM is one of the earliest system. The programming SQL Structured query language, has been widely used. The application specific capacity has been doubled every 14 months between 1986 and 2007. The broadcast information doubled every 12.3 years.
To talk in the commercial and in the employment perspective, it is the fastest industry, which gives us large scale of employment, and a business which yields high rates of income . The Information Technology Association of America has defined the IT as “ the study, design, development, application, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems. In the academic perspective also, it is the undergraduate degree which helps the students to meet the requirements of computer technology, needs of business, government, healthcare, schools and other kinds of organizations.
Positive approach of information technology :-
The world has become so small, we can talk to the people who are far from us, wherever they are, whenever they are.
- The social networking which is an advantage of information technology, made our life better.
- And the mailing system has been important in all the office, and in all industries, which is helpful to store and keep the data.
- We are sharing the information, across the countries, in milliseconds.
- Internet is a system which has become one of the essential needs of life, with which we can do whatever we want, and we can whatever information we want.
- The computers, laptops, tablets has made the life easier and effective.
- Lot of employment opportunities have been created.
- The modernization of the society is formed
- Women started getting employment opportunities and they have become independent
- Though, it has its positive effects, it has its own negative effects too..
- We are simply talking over the phone, or sms or publishing in the social network, the meeting and celebrating has been slowly removed from the society
- We are simply becoming lazy, lot of health issues are happened
- Even the children using all the systems, and lot of negative effects happened, as they are not playing outside.
- The Indian culture has been spoiled.
- Women’s individuality gone, they started behaving like boys, which is in the other way, not advisable and worst for our culture.
- Money, made everything easier. And the value of money is gone
- People who are working in the IT field, seems to be more stressed out, as the foreign countries suck the work from them.
The people, should think about their culture and family, while getting into modernization. It is the duty of the people who adopt this kind of changes in the modern technology, to keep our own culture and practices safe and secure.