Indian Coast Guard Recruiting Law Graduates as Law Officers
Number of Vacancies: 04 (Four).
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
Educational Requirement: Those who are Unmarried Male Indian Citizen Possessing a Degree in Law with Minimum 60% marks are eligible to apply.
The Degree Must be Three Years Degree after Graduation or Five Years after 10+2.
Those who have not completed their degree are not needed to apply.
Age Requirement: One must be born between 01 July 1984 and 30 June 1993. Both dates are inclusive. Relaxation of the Upper Age Limit is applied for OBC/SC/ST as per Government Rules in Vogue. Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other services are not eligible to appear. Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
Candidates who have completed their degree without any backlog only to apply and to produce their degree and marks sheet at the time of selection.
HOW TO APPLY
- The Application Mode is Online.
- You can Logon to the Career Website of Indian Coast Guard www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on Opportunities button. Now you can find the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant (Law).
- Select the post applied as Assistant Commandant (Law).
- After clicking the ‘I Agree’ button Online Application will be displayed.
- You will be provided with a Unique Application Number on successful submission of Online Application. Please keep this Number safe with you for future reference.
- Candidates to take out print out of the Admit Card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from march 29 onwards post shortlisting of the Online Applications. Those who could not find the place in the Short List will be given with Rejection Slip, giving Cause of Rejection and Application Number.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment Centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate/mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Graduation Degree certificate and mark sheet showing percentage of marks, Law Degree certificate and mark sheet showing percentage of marks and caste certificate wherever required duly attested by the Gazetted Officer shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination Centre.
- Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to examination Centre.
The Selection Process Consist of the following Phases.
Short Listing of Applications: This will be based on the percentage obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination. So it is Natural to increase the cut off as more applications with
higher % are received.
Preliminary Selection Board (PSB): At Preliminary Selection Board there will be Objective type Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PPDT). The Medium of
Cognitive Aptitude Test will be English Only. In PPDT candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English, however speaking Hindi is also permitted.
Final Selection Board (FSB): Those who qualify PSB will be called for Final Selection Board (FSB). The FSB consist of Psychological Test, Group Tasks and Interview (Personality Test).
Medical: All Candidates recommended by FSB will undergo Medical Examination at Nearest Military Hospital.
Merit List: Qualifying FSB and Medical Examination does not confirm the Selection. An All India
Merit List will be prepared based on the Marks obtained by the Candidates at the FSB and depending on the availability of Vacancies.
Selected Candidates will undergo Training at Prestigious Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala.
PAY & PERKS
The Pay Structure for an Assistant Commandant is Rs.15600-39100 with Grade Pay 5400 In addition to the pay there will be Dearness allowance, Kit Maintenance allowance and
Transport allowance. Other allowances such as flying allowance, diving allowance, hard area, sea duty allowance, house rent etc. will be admissible based on nature of duty/place of posting.
Entitled rations, medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
Insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakhs at a premium of Rs. 5000/- per month as Group insurance.
Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
Canteen and various loan facilities.
Participation in various sports and adventure activities.
For more details, refer http://indiancoastguard.nic.in/