Notable obituaries during 2015
- Retired Air Chief Marshal Hrushikesh Moolgaonkar passed away on 9 April 2015 in Pune, Maharashtra. He was 95. He was recipient of the prestigious Param Vishisht Seva medal and Mahaveer Chakra.
- Lieutenant General Hanut Singh (retd) on 12 April 2015 passed away in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. He was 82. He was a 1971 Indo-Pak war hero and one of the most famous officers of the Indian Army. He was a recipient of the Maha Vir Chakra
- Punjab’s World War 2 hero Retd colonel Harwant singh passed away in Patiala, Punjab on 6th august. During the first Independence Day celebration of 1947, he was the officer in charge of the flag hoisting ceremony.
- Former inter services intelligence chief Lt.colonel (retd) Hamid Gul passed away.
- 11TH chief of naval staff, Ati vishisht seva medal and Param vishisht seva medal awardee Admiral Radhakrishna Hariram Tahiliani passed away in October.
- Air chief Marshall and former chief of air staff Om Prakash Mehra passed away in November.
- Former chief of India’s RAW(RESEARCH & ANALYSIS WING) K.Shankaran Nair passed away.